|| A. Agriculture: Broadcasts agricultural informations on day-to-day, monthly and seasonal basis by experts of the university.
B. Veterinary & animal husbandry: It provides information regarding new species of cow and buffalo, solution to their day-to-day problems, safeguard against any disease outbreak, dairying, animal products, trainings on piggery, poultry, etc.
C. Farm women: Experts of food & nutrition, clothing & textile from the university give timely information to village women related to their fields and provide information regarding new technologies and skills for self- employment.
D. Metrological recommendation: In collaboration with Department of Agro-meteorology provides daily weather report to the farmers and recommendations for agricultural practices and for their animals.
E. Market pricing & future trend: Provides 'Mandi ke Bhav' and future trends of the agricultural produce.
F. Success stories of successful farmer: To motivate farmers, the CRS broadcasts success stories of farmers in their own voice. This helps the farmers to start work as an entrepreneur in their own fields.
G. Haryanvi cultural: CRS has large collection of Haryanvi Ragani, Kisse, Sang, Geet and Bhajan. This whole collection is developed by the university taking the full support of local artists those who are not very well known. It increases involvement, which is the main focus of community radio.
|Capital and Sustenance:
||This one of the five community radio stations established by the Ministery of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India, New Delhi as a Pilot project.
- In this project five state agricultural universities were selected to establish CRS as a tool of mass media support to agricultural extension.
- All the expenditures related to Studio and equipment were incurred by the Ministery of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India, New Delhi whereas University has to pay only securities and licence fee only.
- University make expenditure of Rs. 5 lacs to develop scientific and cultural content of 300 hours in the beginning.
- At present Joint Director (Extension) excercises the administrative and financial control of CRS.
- CRS has taken permission to broadcast commercial advertisements as per the guidelines of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India, New Delhi for income generation and sustenance.
|| - First Agricultural based Community Radio Station of Northern India.
- Large collection of Haryanvi Ragani, Kisse, Sang, Geet and Bhajan approximately 110 hours. The whole collection is developed by local artists those who are not very well known. It increases involvement, which is the main focus of community radio.
- The meteorological information and current agri-marketing prices broadcasted through this CRS is highly appreciated and considered by the farming community in their day-to-day activities.
- Informative talks on agriculture, veterinary, animal and home sciences delivered by the experts of the university proved very fruitful to the concerned community.
- Success stories of the farmers are providing motivation to the small and marginal farmers to work as entrepreneur in their respective fields.